At Island Life Animal Hospital, we tailor vaccinations to the needs and health of your pet based on age and lifestyle adult dog or cat, puppy or kitten. The following is an overview of our vaccine recommendations:
Adult Dog Core Vaccines
Adult Feline Care Vaccines
- FVRCP (Feline Distemper)
- FELV (Feline Leukemia) – two initial boosters given 3 weeks apart, then given yearly.
Recommendations for additional vaccines based on your dog’s exposure level or lifestyle may include:
- (Kennel Cough) A prevention for dogs who may frequent parks, be regularly groomed or boarded, or around other dogs.
- (Leptospirosis) Helps prevent the spread of a deadly bacteria found in affected soil and water which can also include area lakes and ponds.
- Canine Influenza
- A respiratory disease dogs can acquire from other affected dogs or through humans who have been exposed to infected dogs.
- Lyme Disease
- (Lyme borreliosis) A tick-borne, bacterial illness that can be transmitted to dogs who frequent the woods, tall grasses, and other outdoor environments.